Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can rent a Jet-Ski?
- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YRS OF AGE TO RENT A JET SKI FROM BEST COAST WATER SPORTS
- HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- WE REQUIRE A $250.00 SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR EACH JET SKI RENTED
OHIO LAW REQUIRES THAT ANYONE BORN AFTER JANUARY 1, 1982, HAVE A BOATER'S LICENSE OBTAINED THROUGH A BOATER'S EDUCATION COURSE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, THEN YOU MUST OBTAIN A TEMPORARY BOATER'S LICENSE. PLEASE CLICK ON THE TEMPORARY BOATERS LICENSE TAB FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. YOU CAN OBTAIN YOUR TEMPORARY LICENSE AT OUR LOCATION ON THE STRIP: 5404-A LAKE RD. E. GENEVA-ON-THE-LAKE, OH 44041. WE ARE AT THE CORNER OF S WARNER & LAKE RD. (UNDER THE POLICE SIGN)
Q: Who can drive a Jet-Ski
- Only adults who meet the specifications above. Each additional passenger is extra. We must hold onto the license of each adult driver. No boating experience is required to drive the Jet-Ski's, since we’ll go over safety/operating instructions before sending you out.
Q: How young can a child be to ride a Jet-Ski?
- Minimum age for a rider is 6, however, they need to be able to securely hold on to the driver. It's a up to the child's guardian to make that decision.
Q: Who can rent a paddle board or kayak?
- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YRS OF AGE TO RENT
- ALL SUP RENTALS COME WITH A FREE BASIC INTRODUCTORY LESSON
- WE ALLOW CHILDREN ON PADDLE BOARDS THAT ARE 12 & UP WITH A MANDATORY LESSON/ADULT SUPERVISION
- HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE OR A STATE ID
Q: Are group rates available?
- Group rates are done on a case by case basis and generally involve at least 4 Jet-Skis. We would love to help you organize a corporate event. Please inquire by email: email@example.com for more information.
Q: How does the security deposit work?
- If you make an online reservation, your security deposit will be charged the day of your rental. The card you used to make your online reservation will be used to charge the security deposit. If you need to use a different card for the security deposit, please call us at least a day prior to your reservation. We will process a refund to your card after you return the jet ski in the same condition as you rented it. The refund may take 3-7 business days to return back to your account. Since we use a payment processor and we do not process charges or refunds in house, we can't guarantee exactly when the funds will be available again.
Q: What if I don't have my driver's license with me?
- Everyone who’s planning on renting/driving must bring their driver’s license with them when they come down. If you do not have a driver’s license, we also accept state-issued ID'S for the rental of kayaks & paddle boards only. If your driver’s license is not American, then it must be qualified as an International license. Make sure all of the drivers have their licenses with them before coming down, and we will hold onto them while you’re out on the water.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
- We have a 48 hour non-cancellation policy. If you would like to cancel within 48 hours of your reservation, the best we can do is leave a credit on your profile, you may then make a reservation for a later date using the credit available.
- If we are not sending Jet-Ski's out for weather, marine or other safety-related reasons, we will issue a full refund.
Q: How will we be able to tell when our time is up?
- There are timers located on all of our Jet-Ski's.Please bring a waterproof watch or a water proof pouch while renting the kayaks & paddle boards.
Q: Is there anywhere to store our belongings while we are out on the water?
- We suggest leaving your personal items in your vehicle at the Marina. We cannot keep personal items on our docks. There are small storage compartments on the Jet-Skis and kayaks, but they are not waterproof. You may want to bring a waterproof pouch or bag for your belongings.
Q: Where can we ride the Jet-Ski's, Kayaks & Paddle Boards?
- You can Jet-Ski and paddle from the Marina, east to The Lodge and to the west up to the edge the Beach. You can also paddle or kayak in Cowles Creek, just east of the Marina.
We reserve the right to deny service to anyone for safety reasons other than those listed on this site. We will do our best to provide rental items as listed. However, due to availability, a substitution may be provided of equal value. Best Coast Water Sports cannot guarantee the accuracy of all answers on this page. If you have a question that wasn’t answered here, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org